How to cook Beef Cheeks
Beef cheeks, absolutely delicious! Rich beefy goodness 🐄😁 here’s a few tip to get you going to one of the great cuts of beef!
- Prepping the cheek, on the back of the cheek there is some blue skin, remove this as not pleasant.
- Apply your favourite rub and have smoker/oven/bbq at 120c/250f and smoke /cook beef cheeks for 3 hours.
- At this point you need to place beef cheeks in a tray, with a liquid of your choose, some suggestions are, stout, gingerbeer, but for these I used good old beef stock (hot). Make sure beef cheek is half submerged in boating liquid of your choice. Then wrap tray up tightly with foil.
- Beef cheeks need to be broken down. So so important! I cooked mine to an internal temp of 99c/210f. Start probing from 96c but beef cheeks when you place skewer /toothpick must have little or no resistance, when done rest for at least an hour.
- When they are done pull the beef cheek through the pan juices, and serve with a beautiful fresh salsa with tacos, or another nice addition is in a lettuce cup, with fresh ginger, chilli, lime, (San choy beef cheek) or great with mash and veges.