Pulled Beef – How to make it
Hey everyone here is a go to when it comes it doing pulled beef.
- Lightly trim beef of any excess hard fat.
- Apply your favourite rub, you don’t need to use a binder for your rubs, but if you wish to a slight dash of olive oil is fine rubbed onto beef, before rub application.
- Set smoker/oven/bbq for temp of 250f /120c and cook beef until internal temp of roughly around 165f/76c, before you wrap meat.
- This is where it gets good!, Grab a tray that is good size fit to beef you are cooking, not too large, and add a cup of hot beefstock, enough to fill bottom of tray, and place your meat in, then wrap tray. This allows for good moisture in your meat for final process.
- When meat reaches temp of 205f/96c is when you check for softness.
- Get a toothpick and probe meat in multiple spots, if meat is soft with minimal resistance when probing, your meat is done 😊But if still little hard keep cooking until it’s probe tender.
- When meat is done, let a little steam out of tray to stop the cooking process, just a few minutes, then wrap tray up, and place in an esky(this helps to keep meat warm during rest) or wrap tray in towel, for at least an hour.
- Now you are ready to pull the beef into tasty shreds of goodness., pull the beef through all those tray juices that it’s been sitting in.
This will give you a beautiful juicy pulled beef for many family recipes, tacos,lasagne, loaded potatoes, the list goes on, and I will highlight some great pulled beef recipes for the fam to enjoy.